About the Sexual Harassment Prevention Cell
The college is committed to equal opportunities and to providing an environment in which all Faculties, staff and students are treated with dignity and respect and in which they can work and study free from any type of discrimination, harassment, or victimization. All members of College are responsible for upholding this policy and should act in accordance with the policy guidance in the course of their day-to-day work. Offensive behaviour will not be tolerated. Harassment is a serious offence which is punishable under the College’s disciplinary procedures.
The SVKT College Deolali Camp, Nashik has established a special Cell for the prevention of sexual harassment to ensure the safety of women. The cell attends to any complaint from the women students in the campus, especially to issues regarding women harassment. Appropriate and prompt actions are ensured to complainants approaching the cell. The female students, faculty and staff are advised to approach the Cell in case of any issues of harassment. The college is regularly organises various innovative programme such as The college has organised the Nirbhay Kanya Abhiyan, Women’s Day’s well as various workshops for female students to ensure the safety and security etc. All these programme was really very useful to promote physical, mental and social wellbeing of the female students of our college.
Objectives of the Sexual Harassment Prevention Cell
- To develop guidelines and norms for a policy against sexual harassment.
- To develop principles and procedures for combating sexual harassment.
- To create a secure physical and social environment which will deter acts of sexual harassment?
- To evolve a mechanism for the prevention and redressal of sexual harassment cases and other acts of gender based violence in the institution.
- To ensure the implementation of the policy in letter and spirit through proper reporting of the complaint and their follow-up procedures.
- To provide an environment free of gender based discrimination.
- To ensure equal access of all facilities and participation in activities of the college.
- To create a secure physical and social environment which will deter acts of sexual harassment
- To promote a social and psychological environment that will raise awareness about sexual harassment in its various forms.
- To organize various activities to bring awareness among the students.