Year of Establishment: 1984
Programs Offered: B.Sc. Chemistry
Pattern of Teaching Learning and Evaluation:
|F.Y./ S.Y. /T.Y. B.Sc.|
About the Department
The Department of Chemistry was established in 1984 and is one of the biggest departments of the College. The department has a highly experience and qualified staff including Principal, three associate professors and two assistant professors. The faculty members are actively involved in research activity and have publications in reputed international and national journals. Most of them completed Minor Research Project funded by UGC and SPPU, Pune. Every year students passed with good marks and get admitted in various PG courses in the reputed institutes. Apart from this Students are encouraged and motivated to take parts in various activities like Chemistry quiz, Avishkar competition and Chemiad examination.
Department of Chemistry has fully equipped laboratory with separate store room for chemicals and have instruments like U.V. Visible Spectrophotometer, Vacuum evaporator, pH-meter, Potentiometer, Refractometer, G.M. Counter, Colorimeter etc. Laboratory have various equipments like Distillation assembly, U.V. Chamber, Hot air oven, Refrigerator, Ice making machine, Hot air oven, Heating mantle, Oil bath, Hot plates, Magnetic stirrers, Water bath assembly and all other glassware and equipments required for regular undergraduate practicals. Department have LCD Projector and computers internet facility. The department also has departmental library.
Job Opportunities for Chemistry students
Chemistry graduates have great demand in most of the chemical and pharmaceutical industries in India. Some of them are
- Pharmaceuticals/ Drugs industry
- Petrochemical industry
- Food and Beverage Production industry
- Paint, plastics, coatings, industry
- Cosmetic and household product industry
- Pulp and paper industry
- Metallurgical in industry
- Research and development laboratories.
- And many other
Apart from this, students can be recruited as a teacher in School and Colleges after completion of other required qualifications.
Overall development of the students from the rural and tribal area and providing all the basic facilities so that they can get knowledge in better environment for developing their future very well.
To achieve academic excellence by imparting quality knowledge and to develop socially responsible citizens with ethics and morals
- Development of analytical skills, soft skills among the students.
- Enhance the chemistry knowledge and Building confidence among the students
- Enhance services to the community.
- Make collaboration with industries to experience actual working experience
- Creating an educational environment and to help students for Achieving their goals.