AIM OF NCC
- The ‘Aims’ of the NCC laid out in 1988 have stood the test of time and continue to meet the requirements expected of it in the current socio–economic scenario of the country. The NCC aims at developing character, comradeship, discipline, a secular outlook, the spirit of adventure and ideals of selfless service amongst young citizens. Further, it aims at creating a pool of organized, trained and motivated youth with leadership qualities in all walks of life, who will serve the Nation regardless of which career they choose. Needless to say, the NCC also provides an environment conducive to motivating young Indians to join the armed forces.
- * To develop good qualities like good character, commandership, discipline, leadership, secular outlook, spirit of adventure, sportsman spirit, and the ideals of selfless service amongst the youth of the country.
- * To create a human resource of organized, trained and motivate youth to provide leadership in all walks of life and always available for the service of the nation.
- * To provide a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the Armed Forces like Army, Navy, Air Force and other paramilitary forces.
MOTTO OF NCC
“UNITY AND DISCIPLINE”
- The motto of NCC is “Unity and Discipline” which was adopted on 23 Des.1957. In living up to its motto, the NCC strive to be and is one of the greatest cohesive forces of the nation, bringing together the youth hailing from different parts of the country and moulding them into united, secular and disciplined citizens of the nation.
- We the cadet of the national cadet corps, do solemnly pledge that we shall always uphold the unity of India. We resolve to be disciplined and responsible citizen of our nation. We shall undertake positive community service in the spirit of selflessness and concern for our fellow beings.