Use of Mathematical Software in Teaching , Learning and Research.
- To extend teaching services of the faculty members to the society
- To make teaching and Learning informal
- To train the students for use of Mathematical soft wear in real life problems
- To take teaching services beyond the classrooms
- To establish some collaborations with NGOs
- To train the students for online learning of e-courses like Machine Learning with Python.
2) Objectives of the Practice:
- To impart the vital skills and foundational knowledge of
- To deepen the skills gained through the course
- To critically understand the society and develop consciousness in order to motivate them to serve the
- It is an innovative initiation taken by the department of Mathematics to promote a value-based education to the government school students in and around the
- The college motivates staff & students to actively participate in community service for the neighborhood school
3) The Context.
- The high moral values, standards, self-belief and motivation are inculcated to them by the un precedence circumstances and numerous
- In order to provide the best possible experience to the students, the use of various mathematical Soft wears in interdisciplinary Program out community partnerships with the nearby government schools that fit the learning goals
- All of these activities were greatly beneficial and sincerely commended and it was gained and demonstrated through clear learning
4) Evidence of success:.
Department of Mathematics has successfully signed MoU.with ,The Director/CEO, Zabuza Labs,11 Arunoday ‘Apt, Parijat Nagar, Nashik-422005 on June 25,2020 .Under this MOU department of Mathematics has organized online: Hands on Trainingtwo days Workshop on ‘Machine Learning With Python’’ for undergraduate students on 21th October to 22ndOctober 2020 (5.00-6.30pm) On this occasion Honorable Mr.Manas Gajare express his thought on the ‘ Hands on Training Two Days Workshop is very important to the the new field like Data Analysis. This knowledge should be peculating to the data analysis in science and Technology via students for deep learning and artificial intelliances, so this activity motivates the students which organized by department of Mathematics is very prestigious.
Following steps have been taken by the department of mathematics:
- Google Meet organized on 2nd October 2020, (5-6pm) for introducing students to the course and curriculum and its advantage in the future career prospects.
- Registration Form created using Google Document and shared with students via Google Groups and a detailed spreadsheet of the enrolled students (46) thus documented.
- Google Meet Proposed/ organised on 10th October 2020, (5-6pm) to frame and finalise a structured syllabus with the Framing Committee.
- Google Meet Proposed/ organised on 21th October to 22ndOctober 2020 (5.00-6.30pm) hands on training for the diploma course machine learning with python under the able guidance of resource person Mr. Manas Gajare, Banglore .
Principal Dr. V. J. Medhane in the introduction said that the most of the students are coming from farmers community, so this lecture on “ Hands on Training Two Days Workshop on ‘Machine Learning With Python “ is very beneficial to the students because they can apply this knowledge to their regular practices.
Head Department of Mathematics Mr. P.K.Nehe expresses the vote of thanks to our guest, principal, staff and made this workshop a grand success to motivation and dedication in the occasion. Principal, Smt.N.M.Morade staff members and 46 students participant were present for programme.
5) Problems Encountered and Resources Required:
Lack of Awareness/Technical Know-How
According to Obalolu (1998), computer literacy in Nigeria is very low and the use of computer for manpower development/effective class room instruction requires experts in the field of computing ranging from information technologist to computer software/hardware engineers. These information technologists should be able to combine the computer with one or more electronic device(s) like telephone, satellite, overhead projection, remote sensors and even the television to make it more meaningful either for classroom instruction, experimental/laboratory equipment monitoring and security control. Some people’s knowledge about computer is still limited to world processing. This means that the use of mathematical softwares in the teaching and learning of mathematics in Nigeria is still very limited. The fact remains that some teachers are ignorant of the existence and uses of these softwares.
Lack of Adequate Infrastructures
For computers to be used for effective teaching, it requires constant electricity and good telecommunications services, which we know is virtually absent in India.
Lack of Finance
According to Ughamadu (2006), inadequate fund can create great problems in the implementation of an innovation. It is a known fact that it will be difficult to implement any innovation effectively and efficiently if there is inadequate fund or money to provide required materials, equipment and facilities. For computers (mathematical softwares) to be effectively used for teaching and learning, it means that enough computers/laptop should be made available if possible one computer to one student.