YEAR OF ESTABLISHMENT: 1984
Department of Microbiology is one of the leading department in the college. It includes study of invisible living entities like Bacteria, Fungi, Protozoa, algae and viruses. Students who opt for this program also study classical fields of life sciences like Biochemistry, Molecular biology, biotechnology, Genetics, proteomics, Genomics etc. After completion of this course student can either opt for PG in Microbiology and other allied branches like Medical Microbiology, Agricultural Microbiology, Industrial Microbiology, Bioinformatics, and Environmental Sciences and PGDMLT as well. This is a skill-based course hence students have ample opportunities in Research, Industries and self-enterprise.
- To produce highly qualified and skilled students in all disciplines of the Microbiology.
- Providing up to date information’s on current and emerging trends in Microbiology
- To recognizes the strength and ability of the students and work together to achieve our common goal.
- To promote good quality education and inspiring training in different disciplines of Microbiology to the students of all socioeconomic strata
- To create and provide innovative, creative study environment to the students.
- To excels students in both practical and theoretical aspects of Microbiology.
- Motivate and guide the students to develop new techniques and career opportunities in Microbiology
Names of Programs / Courses offered:
|B.Sc.||—||· Environmental Awareness.
Certificate Courses run under Community College Scheme Sanctioned by UGC
1.Diploma in Lab technician, Medical lab and blood bank assistant
2. Diploma in Biofertilizer and Bio pesticides production
- Eligibility: 12th Science, MCVC in DMLT
Annual/ semester/choice-based credit system (program wise)
|Annual||Semester||Credit System ( CBCS 2019 pattern)|
|—–||T.Y.B.Sc.||· F. Y.Bsc
· 2 Diploma Courses under Community College Scheme)
Participation of the department in the courses offered by other departments: